IASO: fighting Cancer from the front
Indian Association of Surgical Oncology is one of the oldest Surgical Oncology Societies formed by the Doyens of Cancer Surgery in 1977. Over last 4 decades the society has grown to one of the largest aand active Superspecialty Associations with 2000 odd members all across India.
Cancer often appears to be like a Death sentence. Many lives are lost every year from this dreaded disease mostly from late presentations. No job can be more satisfying when some of these lives can be saved. Surgery remains the mainstay of curative treatment for Cancer especially in early stages. The techniques are ever evolving especially with better understanding of the bilogy and genomics of the disease and also for the advent of newer technologies. Hence Minimal Access Surgery including Robotics, LASER, Surgical Staplers, RFA have reduced the morbidities of radical surgeries and often can give a much better quality of life with Organ conservations. IASO has been very keen from the beginning in Knowledge sharing and Skills development by involving eminent National & International faculties in different Scientific confernences, Live Workshops and more recently through Webinars. Its official Journal- Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology- is extremely popular for its scientific contents and has high impact factor.
Why become a Member of IASO?
- You become a part of one of the largest Surgical Oncology Societies in the World with many internationally acclaimed pioneers in their respective areas
- Exchange of knowledge, ideas and technology
- You get to attend the 2 popular conferences (NATCON Annual Conference & Mid Term Conference) of the Society every year at concessional rates.
- You get to present your work in this prestigious forum
- Opportunity to get handsome awards for Presentations including Fellowships to reputed centres in India and abroad and also opportunity to present Posters in SSO (USA) & ESSO Conferences
- Quarterly editions of Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology Free of Cost
- Subsidized rates for Membership with SSO
- View Master Videos & Orations of International Speakers in NATCON on our Official Website
- Attend regular Webinars of IASO & IASO- CEN (USA) free of cost
- A democratic and liberal group with no discrimination of any sort.
Who can become a Member of IASO?
- MCh/ DNB in Surgical Oncology
- General Surgeons with Special interest in Oncosurgery
- Allied Specialties like Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Orthopaedics provided atleast 50% of their works are cancer related
- Direct Membership is now possible with supporting documents which include Certiificates of Qualifications, Recommendation letters from 2 IASO members (with atleast 5 yrs membership).
Registration Fees: Rs 8500/-
Please log in to our Official Website www.iasoindia.in to become a Member now on-line